The History of Bridger Canyon
Women’s Club 

The Bridger Canyon Women’s Club Ladies were first organized in 1917 as a Red Cross Chapter and served in that capacity for 5 years. In 1922, the women became the “Happy Day Club” and adopted a constitution and by-laws considered to be the first for the present club. Their objective was for the “up building of the community and the relief of the sick and distressed.” 

The Happy Day Club became the Bridger Canyon Home Demonstration Club in 1958 and, as such performed services in civil defense and many charitable causes until 1964 when they terminated their Home Demonstration Club affiliation. From 1978 -1981, the Bridger Canyon Women’s Club was part of the Federated Women’s Clubs, but voted to operate independently, and they have continued in that manner with worthwhile projects and goals for the improvement of life in Bridger Canyon. 

Today the Bridger Canyon Women’s Club is still, first and foremost an independent social organization. Our mission to support our members, the residents of Bridger Canyon and our affiliated organizations including the Bridger Canyon Fire Department and the Bridger Canyon Historic Preservation Association remains the same. We continue to hold monthly meetings which are not only social gatherings but also involve programs and speakers, meant to better our lives through education and social awareness. We encourage our members to participate in a variety of special interest groups and join committees, which in turn, benefits our club, our community, and strengthens us as a whole.